sunday coffee and nostalgia

|
Feeling nostalgic  with Sunday  morning coffee . Woke up , was having head ache because of last night boozing (accompanied with ipl and cheerleaders  ) . Decided to make a coffee and then some thoughts are recurring in my head again and again .
i was thinking about the first match when i scored a goal . Eight years back i used to play for my school football team . This was the 2nd year in a row i made to playing 11 of my school team  for the cluster's (tournament organized by cbse). This year was important in many aspect, was awarded with the No 10 jersey this season ( last year it was owned by my elder brother ) , have to strike balance with my books as i was in 12th . have to appear for IIT and board exams.
But at that point of time my only aim was to perform well for my team .
coming to the point , venue St. Xavier school , jaipur. (this time we were playing in the home ground of our arch rival Xavier's  , we have beaten them last year  in final and 2 years back we lost to them in finals ) .
We were expected to reach finals this year also and had a high esteem in our football fraternity.

First game of the season , Modern public school , i was playing at midfield . (tough position to play as  one has to toggle between defense and attack ) . 10 mins have passed since the match started  and suddenly from no where the rolling ball was heading towards me and i was at the half line , i heard a scream from somewhere  " Datta shoot at the goal " . I looked around and found it was my coach , hoping and shouting from the side line . for an instance i thought is he insane or what ? ,  there is no point in shooting a ball from a half line to goal ,its better to pass  ahead .   Adding to my dilemma he shouted again for the second time " datta ab kya kal marega , shoot at the goal ".  He has gone wild and now if don't  shoot now  he ll make me wild later on  .  BANG !!!   I thumped  the rolling ball ,goalkeeper was 10 steps ahead of goal line as he was not expecting anyone to shoot from the half line . what can u expect , just think , it landed in goal post flying over the goal keeper's head .  i saw the team in blue and white , started running towards me , jubilation all around . we have scored first goal of the season and that too came from the boots of the person who wore 10 number jersey .  
Later on we pinned that team 9-0 , 2 more goals from me and 3 from other lead striker.
good memories to keep , we had wonderful days .
We could not make to the finals that year , our whole team cried in the ground .
i was not able to clear IIT's and nor was able to score good in Boards and football was made scapegoat,  in spite of  all that ll i was satisfied as i have given my best atleast in one thing .